Salary: Up to $4,000 / month
Contract duration: 11 months
Nearest MRT: Tai Seng
Working hours: Monday - Thursday (8:30 am - 6:00 pm)
- Conceptualise, develop and drive projects to meet research outcome
- Work with a team of officers from another department to collect human physiological data through the conduct of trials
- Conduct tests using sport science equipment to do data collection and analysis
- Management of research data and documentation in accordance to Human Biomedical Research (HBR) Act & Regulations.
- Support the activities and maintenance of the Emergency Responder Fitness Conditioning & Enhancement Lab (ExCEL)
- In terms of human relations skills, candidate needs to have the following competencies:
- Problem analysis. To be able to define problems from stakeholders and to propose research methodology.
- Negotiation: To be able to discuss with relevant personnel so to the reach mutually beneficial agreement on issue.
- Organization: The ability to organize all resources to adapt to changing conditions.
- Networking: The ability to create, manage and empower networks amongst relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Science or related scientific discipline with 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in sport science related topics (e.g. exercise physiology, biomechanics and nutrition)
- Practical experience in conducting experimental research on human participants
- Experience with statistical analysis software
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing