Salary: Up to $5,800 / month
Contract duration: 12 months
Nearest MRT: Expo, Upper Changi (DTL)
- Develop Cloud Native web application and mobile solution using microservice architecture and Domain Driven Design.
- Design, build and maintain APIs for new and existing backend services.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Develop applications that are reliable, highly-available, high performance and low latency.
- Develop applications that are modular, scalable, reusable and maintainable.
- Produce code that are of high standards, following industry best practices and conventions.
- Be aware of company’s architectural and technological strategy and to develop applications that are aligned to these goals.
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions to these problems.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies, techniques, tools, best practices and concept, and apply them where applicable.
- Ability to evaluate and weigh the pros and cons of using a technique, solution and product.
- Be the subject matter expert on microservice design concepts, best practices, tools and implementation techniques.
- Learn and contribute to the overall knowledge of the company in software development.
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team of PM, BA, architects and engineers.
- Liaise with vendors on design and implementation activities.
- Support all BAU activities where applicable.
- Experience in Java and SpringBoot.
- Experience in JQuery, Vue.js or other JS framework.
- Experience in database design and query optimisation.
- Experience in using database such as Oracle, MSSQL and MySQL.
- Experience in TDD approach in software development.
- Experience in developing event driven microservice based on Kafka or similar framework.
- Experience in developing cloud native applications.
- Experience in development on a PaaS or CaaS platform.
- Experience in using source control like BitBucket, and branching strategy.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile development methodology.
- Experience in using team collaboration tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in working in a DevOps environment.
- Knowledge in microservice concepts like service registry, circuit breaker, inter-service process communication.
- Knowledge of OAuth token-based authentication protocol.
- Knowledge in containerisation technologies like Kubernetes, Pivotal TKGI.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and its toolchain.
- Knowledge in mobile application development using native or hybrid tools. (preferred)
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) (preferred)
- Knowledge in test automation. (preferred)
- Domain knowledge in the Insurance or Financial industry (preferred)