Salary: Up to $6,200 / month
Nearest MRT: One-north
Working hours: Monday - Friday (Office hours)
- Deploy, configure, monitor and manage of network devices including but not limited to Switches, Routers, Wireless Lan Controller (WLC), Wireless Access Points (WAP), Domain Name Servers (DNS)/Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)/IP Address Management (IPAM); DDI appliances, Voice Gateway/Expressway Core, Call Manager, Aruba Clearpass, Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA Center and ensuring their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Provide 2nd level technical support, develop designs and customize solutions to meet business and/or users’ requirements.
- Fulfilling of network related service request.
- Troubleshooting & resolving of network issue(s) and incident(s). Promptly update of issue or incident tickets, inform/liaise with users and conduct necessary escalation to the relevant parties (management and/or external vendors) when necessary.
- Manage/Work with external vendors to resolve escalated issues/incidents.
- Managing network-related projects to meet projects’ timelines and deliverables.
- Conducting of any software security and vulnerability patching on network-related devices.
- Participate / Support in network-related audit(s), provision security audit artefacts and remediate audit findings within the stipulated timeline.
- After office hours’ support will be required at times especially during network planned/unplanned outages and maintenance.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation of network configuration, network diagram, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Take initiative to proactively discover and remediate deficiencies in network solutions, both deployed and in design phase.
- Participate and lead problem resolution and cause analysis.
- Drive efforts to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the IT industry.
- Manage network assets, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Singaporeans only
- Minimum qualification: Diploma
- Network Certification (CCNA/CCNP) is mandatory
- Security certification (PCNSE/CCSA/NSE 4) will be an added advantatage
- Strong communications and written skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and complex work environment