Salary: Up to $5,500 / month
Contract duration: 32 months
Working hours: Monday - Friday (Office hours)
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and security requirements.
- Accountable for:
- Windows, UNIX (AIX and RHEL) systems, VMware technology and Cloud computing.
- Middleware includes WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Message Queue.
- Backup software includes Veritas NetBackup, IBM Spectrum Protect that support the IT infrastructure.
- Storage technologies that include SAN and VSAN for critical data storage and retention.
- Responsibilities on these systems include operations and support, maintenance and research, software deployment and upgrades and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure commercial product’s software, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, and related administration tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created and perform data/files restoration when required.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Provide Desktop support and recovery services.
- Managing and administering of VMware and ESXi servers.
- Managing, maintaining and supporting Middleware and other application software implementations and solutions. (WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Message Queue)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a need-to basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports the IT infrastructure per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Minimum qualification: Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and expertise.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix, VMWare and/or Microsoft (preferred).
- Middleware knowledge will be an advantage.
- Cloud computing technology and administration. Knowledge and experience in Government Commercial Cloud computing platforms will be an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years system administration experience.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Knowledge and experience in Unix scripting will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. 24 x 7 Support is required.