1. Determining the structure and design of web pages;
2. Ensuring user experience determines design choices;
3. Developing features to enhance the user experience;
4. Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design;
5. Ensuring web design is optimized for mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, tablet PCs);
6. Building reusable code for future use;
7. Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
8. Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
9. Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design