- Conduct reviews to ensure appropriate and timely follow up action is taken by faculties and departments. Areas of review include long outstanding debts, dormant accounts, balance sheet accounts and grant accounts, etc.
- Provide financial advice and support to faculties and departments.
- Provide the necessary support in the implementation of internal audit recommendations where applicable.
- Assist to create Work Breakdown Structure for faculties and departments.
- Ensure budget/fund monitoring mechanism is in place for the faculties and schools.
- Prepare and submit monthly development grant claim.
- Collate quarterly development grant budget utilization report to be submitted.
- Partner with various officers as well as faculties and departments in the implementation of relevant procedures/policies.
- Ensure timely submission of fund requisitions and grant disbursements.
- Monitor research project accounts to ensure timely closure and refunds to grantors upon project completion.
- Liaise with auditors for timely certification of fund requisitions.
- Participate in projects and assignments as may be directed from time to time.
- Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration or relevant
- At least 2 years exp in general finance in research grants and administrative with SAP financial, project and fund management systems.