#Working Hours: Monday-Friday, Office Hour
#Salary : up to $4K
#Contract term: 12 months
# Nearest MRT station: Kent Ridge
#12 Months Contract
Position Title : Finance Executive
- Provide financial advice and assistance to Faculties on accounting issues and policies as well as playing the coordinator role where financial issues involve more than one process.
- Ensure close monitoring and controls are in place and timely recognition of transactions per accounting standards and internal accounting policies.
- Ensure that adequate systems and processes are in place for Faculties' operations and provide advice on financial guidelines, funding framework, policies and procedures.
- Conduct reviews to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up action is taken by the Faculties. Areas of review include long outstanding debts, dormant accounts, balance sheet GL accounts and grant account, etc.
- Review journals submitted by Faculties.
- Ensure proper creation and maintenance of accounts for Faculties.
- Ensure budget/fund monitoring mechanism is in place for Faculties.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for grantors or management reporting.
- Provide the necessary support in the implementation of internal audit recommendations where applicable.
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit.
- Partner with various Office of Finance teams as well as the Faculties and Departments in the implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate in University Level Finance transformation initiatives.
- Participate in projects and assignments as may be directed from time to time.
- A degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in finance functions and/or audit firm
- Excellent attention to details
- Experience in SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Team player