The incumbent shall be responsible for the technical support to Principal / Senior Engineers in managing commission of new medical equipment, breakdown and preventive maintenance, and de-commissioning of medical equipment.
The incumbent is also responsible for the following:
- Liaise with external contractors on replacement parts, raising requests and making recommendations
- Liaise with external contractors on service matters
- Perform routine safety checks and preventive maintenance
- Report / Feedback to Engineer on service issues
- Supervise and co-ordinate works performed by external contractors
- Update and maintain proper equipment history records and inventory of service parts
- Commission new equipment and attend corrective maintenance
- Assist in projects and manage its implementation and process
- Manage new/renewal of service contracts, which includes negotiation of prices and parts
- Competent in technical knowledge and skills in at least 7 significant equipment
- At least Higher-NITEC in Electronics Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Or Diploma in Biomedical Engineering/Electronics or equivalent engineering diploma (preferably with 2 years of relevant working experience)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess good analytical and troubleshooting skills.