As a DD/Head of the HR-Capability Development (HR-CD) team, your day-to-day responsibilities would include managing and leading a group of Learning & Development (L&D) practitioners in the following activities:
- Engaging stakeholders at all levels to identify capability development needs and priorities, and drawing up learning plans to meet them.
- Designing and developing learning initiatives and programmes, which also include producing learning materials.
- Working with external partners, vendors and providers to develop broad-based and specialised programmes and courses.
- Conducting learning effectiveness evaluation, and updating of learning records.
- Planning budget required to carry out learning activities at all levels in the organization, and working within budget to ensure learning is cost-effective.
- Communicating learning intents and plans to management and staff, and engage them on a regular basis to obtain feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Delivering some of the learning activities yourself, expertise and experience permitting
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of relevant learning and development and broad-based HR experience
- Established track record in leading groups and teams to initiate and implement HR-related projects
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong analytical, stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with learning and development in the public sector would be an advantage