- Build strong relationships with Project Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts to understand business requirements and use cases for data products.
- Identify issues, gather information from various sources, and translate essential business needs into technical specification that are used as reference for data product design.
- Regular use of leveraging common data management tools, such as Informatica, SAP BODS, MS-SQL SSIS to design and develop the data models for use by Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Scientists and Analysts to speed up the development of data products.
- Integrate the data models on common BI tools, such as Tableau and/or OBIEE to assist the Business Intelligence Analysts to design and develop business reports and/or dashboards.
- Develop good working knowledge of available technology capabilities and how and where to deploy them.
- Evaluate potential technical solutions and make recommendations to resolve data issues especially on performance assessment for complex data transformations and long running data processes.
- Tertiary Education in Computer/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in design, develop, deploy, and maintenance of BI solutions.
- Knowledge and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Data visualisation tools such as Tableau, OBIEE
- ETL tools such as Informatica, SAP BODS, MS-SQL SSIS
- Data modelling experience
- Equipped with key SQL Skillsets on Oracle, Teradata and MS-SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge in healthcare domain or exposure to hospital information/clinical dashboard is an added advantage.
- Able to work independently and in a team, strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Possess superior organisation skills to be able to assist in end-to-end data product development with production development, conducting system integration/user acceptance testing etc.
- Ability to work with the team to support the maintenance of data platforms.