Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop and implement new content strategies for social media channels and website news portal by working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- 2) Drive narratives and key messaging across social media channels and website news portals to create impactful storytelling for the brand and initiatives to the intended audience.
- Manage the full spectrum of responsibilities pertaining to social media engagement – developing compelling content, managing queries from the public, issues/crisis management.
- Manage the website and affiliated micro-sites, by working with stakeholders to ensure that content is up-to-date and relevant.
- Support the digital marketing needs of the Communications and Marketing Division (CMD), including advising on Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategies, track
- Manage 3rd party vendors to track and analyse mainstream and social media landscapes and trends, for reporting to Management.
- Supervise the administrative processes for the team, which includes the procurement of services and managing budgets.
- Diploma/Degree in Mass Communications or Marketing
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in marketing communications, corporate communications, public relations, and/or journalism in the GOVT sector; preferably with experience leading a team for at least 2-3 years
- Experience in managing 3rd party agencies/ vendors/ suppliers
- Strong understanding of both mainstream and social media channels and trends, with a track record in developing and implementing integrated communications and marketing plans for high-impact initiatives
- Excellent writing skills and content creation for social media and website news stories.
- Resourceful and creative - able to generate ideas for stories and narratives for social media, including video and Instagram/Facebook stories.
- Good project and stakeholder management skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the ‘big picture’ and to develop/align communications plans to effect positive outcomes
- Ability to navigate and perform in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Keen awareness of trending topics and conversations, prevailing public sentiments, and possess good acumen for issues sensing and political sensitivity.